What's on your mind?

Apoc

Played a show with Black Anvil last night. It was a lot of fun, great turnout, and there's a new local band that was pretty good. However, i was a little disappointed in Black Anvil's set. They only played stuff off their new album, and those songs just aren't as good as their first two albums. They played really tight and it was still fun, but i was a little bummed out by their set list. Well with the Solstice (USA) show last month and opening for Ringworm and Macabre next month, I'd say our band is on a good steak of shows! We're very fortunate to share the stage with such talented bands.

That's awesome, KSMASH. Good luck. This is BYW, right? I still haven't checked Black Anvil out, not sure why...
Thanks brother! Yeah it's BYW, so I'm also stoked that we're playing more shows with similar sounding bands. Some of our best shows are with completely random bands, but it's cool to play with artists that had a direct influence on our music! it's also refreshing to play to a different crowd, we got a great response last night and no one seemed to care that we "aren't true metal" (which seems to be the prevailing attitude when we open for metal bands). You might dig Black Anvil, but i suggest checking out their first 2 albums. They're commonly referred to as a black metal/hardcore hybrid, but i think that's mostly because some of them were in the hc band Kill Your Idols. I get more of a bm/sludge vibe from them.

Thanks brother! Yeah it's BYW, so I'm also stoked that we're playing more shows with similar sounding bands. Some of our best shows are with completely random bands, but it's cool to play with artists that had a direct influence on our music! it's also refreshing to play to a different crowd, we got a great response last night and no one seemed to care that we "aren't true metal" (which seems to be the prevailing attitude when we open for metal bands). You might dig Black Anvil, but i suggest checking out their first 2 albums. They're commonly referred to as a black metal/hardcore hybrid, but i think that's mostly because some of them were in the hc band Kill Your Idols. I get more of a bm/sludge vibe from them.
Con grats ksmash

Ksmash I do not think I have ever seen you on here before? I am Mindy nice to meet you. Have you been on MF long??

That's great KSMASH, hope the good gigs continue to roll in for you.

Awesome. When you can just hang out and drool on each other and not talk at all and still have a good time, you know you've found something special.
It would seem I've landed someone special then. And lastly sunburn I hate you please fuck off.

That's great KSMASH, hope the good gigs continue to roll in for you.[ QUOTE=FatherAlabaster;109280] Awesome. When you can just hang out and drool on each other and not talk at all and still have a good time, you know you've found something special. It would seem I've landed someone special then. And lastly sunburn I hate you please fuck off.
I laughed real hard at your post sir. haha....That last one was great.

Oh yes' date=' there must be a chance! I'm picturing someone with a massive kit, and killer mikes, set up in a big lounge/private recording studio. The kind of person who wants to "rock and roll all night and part of every day" to quote my mothers quoting of Kiss. Also this person will hopefully have a large collection of exotic alcohols they are wanting to share all the time, in moderation of course.[/quote'] This person exists, and has been waiting for quite some time for you to step into his life, which has seemed so hollow of late. :D Can you snag me a bottle of decent Scotch?

That's great news. How are the label/album release plans going? Seems like you're pretty busy! I can't wait to get started playing live again, I'm jealous... thanks for the recommendations, too.

The lineup for next year's ProgPower is kind of interesting: Hibria Anubis Gate Morgana Lefay Falconer Voyager Anathema Helker Persefone Dynazty Riverside Royal Hunt Angra Anubis Gate, Voyager and Persefone definitely stick out to me, although Dynazty's latest album is very enjoyable power metal. Of course, this is all entirely irrelevant inasmuch as I can't go and even if I could it wouldn't really be good value for money.

Ksmash I do not think I have ever seen you on here before? I am Mindy nice to meet you. Have you been on MF long??
That's great news. How are the label/album release plans going? Seems like you're pretty busy! I can't wait to get started playing live again' date=' I'm jealous... thanks for the recommendations, too.[/quote'] Hi Mindy, pleasure to meet you. Although I've had an account for a while, my work/life/computer issues have prevented me from posting very frequently. FA: our CDs have been delayed for some reason, we still have not received any hard copies yet. Last I heard, they'll be here "soon". Hopefully we have them for the Ringworm/Macabre show! As always, i wish you luck with your musical endeavors. Playing live is a real treat, despite all the attitudes and scene fuckery of course. Are you guys sticking with the Black Harvest material, or going in a different direction? Either way, I'm sure it will be great.

The lineup for next year's ProgPower is kind of interesting: Hibria Anubis Gate Morgana Lefay Falconer Voyager Anathema Helker Persefone Dynazty Riverside Royal Hunt Angra Anubis Gate, Voyager and Persefone definitely stick out to me, although Dynazty's latest album is very enjoyable power metal. Of course, this is all entirely irrelevant inasmuch as I can't go and even if I could it wouldn't really be good value for money.
I don't know much about power/prog, but i have an Angra album i quite enjoy. if there were more bands in the scene like Angra, Beyond Twilight, or Zero Hour, i think i would be much more interested in those festivals. Perhaps you could recommend some musics for me??

Hi Mindy, pleasure to meet you. Although I've had an account for a while, my work/life/computer issues have prevented me from posting very frequently. FA: our CDs have been delayed for some reason, we still have not received any hard copies yet. Last I heard, they'll be here "soon". Hopefully we have them for the Ringworm/Macabre show! As always, i wish you luck with your musical endeavors. Playing live is a real treat, despite all the attitudes and scene fuckery of course. Are you guys sticking with the Black Harvest material, or going in a different direction? Either way, I'm sure it will be great.
Thanks man, it's looking like we'll be writing all new material. The new drummer is really starting to get back up to speed - he didn't have a kit for a while - and it seems like he's mostly eschewing blastbeats. That's fine with me, I'm starting to think it will be more musical without them - but it does preclude using the Black Harvest material. In other news, my recording system seems to be back up and running, and I just finished a pretty grueling session of vocals for the classical group that I've mentioned before. Right now it's very full death/black metal vocals over a string quartet, and it actually sounds great even without percussion. I'm pretty excited. I wish I could share it with you guys, but it's not mine to post...