What Are You Listening To?

khaos

38 minutes ago, Nasty_Cabbage said:

I do really love Razor, and I appreciate you taking the time to line those listens up. The reason I brought up a lot of those bands was because so much of the early Metalblade roster were in excellent position to take advantage of thrash moving toward greater extremes while still holding onto the trad. metal melodicism and... wait...

*utter disbelieving befuddlement and flabberghastery ensues in my very soul

a man says " you don 't know what you 're talking about "

Okay. Okay. Sorry. Sorry. That part of your post left a small fissure in my brain. Obviously you DO know what you're talking about being the veteran metal fan that you are. I had to take a step back and clutch the part of me that loves Cirith Ungol the band, and Lord of the Rings. I had to pull the smarmy response valve because there was nowhere else for that pressure to go.

Sorry again. Didn't mean it. Okay back to business. You are correct about that particular Metal Church album shedding it's thrash roots with it's longer songs and non-traditional structures. The vocalist is a little hard to adjust to since he never really stretches his range that much and it feels like the songs are following him. The actual trad. stuff though is very much intact, much like with Nasty Savage although I'm a bit of an apologist for their vocalist since he does stretch his range (for better or worse) and brings the dynamics. Anyway maybe I should have used different examples, but the intent was to show the sort of traditional metal armored in thrash is a big part of their sound, and what makes them charming to me.

Cirith Ungol, also known as the Cleft or Pass of Cirith Ungol, was a passage through the Ephel Dúath located near Minas Morgul in Mordor.

Yeah, I don't do LOTR or any of that fantasy shit. Just totally not my thing, the very idea of hobbits, dwarves and orcs just makes my eyes glaze over. Tried to watch the first LOTR movie 3 times back when it first came out on dvd, but each time I fell asleep within the first 30 minutes, so I just returned it to Blockbuster, still to this day have never seen it. Wasn't saying Cirith Ungol the band itself or their music was fantasy based, just that as you know their name was taken from fantasy literature. Turned out I liked 'em though, so guess I was missing out during all those years of avoidance. No need to apologize to me for snarky responses though, I'm a New Yorker kid, I can take it. You should her the shit I say to my actual real life friends. Some of us enjoy that kind of back and forth banter. You can feel free to give me both barrels and I'll be totally cool with it.

As far as that 3rd Metal Church album, I didn't have a problem with the style or the sub-genre or the vocals or anything like that, just thought the songwriting was weak as fuck. And with 80's metal songwriting's massively important. It was often the weak link for me and made all the difference between which albums I liked or didn't like from any particular band. Funny how the same band can often vary so widely in songwriting quality from album to album.

I really only posted those videos with my little mini reviews because I was totally unfamiliar with all of those records you'd referenced, and I thought it might be something fun to talk about. It's been dead as a deceased dingo's donger in here since this past summer holiday weekend (was a holiday weekend here in the states anyway) so I was just trying to breathe a little life into this place.

See i’ve got the opposite issue with Cirith Ungol, my nerdy ass had already read, not only The Hobbit, Lord of the rings, but also about half of the Silmarrilion before I ever discovered metal, yes I was that weird 10-year-old reading Tolkien or King while everyone else was reading Harry Potter or goosebumps. I just find the vocals really offputting and it’s a lot harder for me to look past with a band like Cirith Ungol then it is bands with harsh vocals.

1 hour ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

See I’ve got the opposite issue with Cirith Ungol, my nerdy ass had already read, not only The Hobbit, Lord of the rings, but also about half of the Silmarrilion before I ever discovered metal, yes I was that weird 10-year-old reading Tolkien or King while everyone else was reading Harry Potter or goosebumps. I just find the vocals really off-putting and it’s a lot harder for me to look past with a band like Cirith Ungol then it is bands with harsh vocals.

Steven King's first full novel was Carrie in 1974, I was 13. But I never read that one, I did read the next two though, Salem's Lot '75 and The Shining '77. They came out while I was in high school but I didn't read them 'til a few years later on paperback in the early 80's. Haven't read too many more of his since though, The Stand, Firestarter and IT, and I think that's probably about it. He's a great storyteller, very easy to read but the supernatural subject matter doesn't really appeal to me that much. That said, The Stand was one of the best books I've ever read, and it started me down the road of post apocalyptic fiction, which is probably my favorite genre.

I will also drop everything to read any period seafaring tales I come across, think like the Master and Commander series. Re-watched that movie not too long ago with my kid after he'd expressed interest. I didn't like it back when it first came out because I resented that the book had been so much better. But some years have passed and I've gotten past that now. But anything that concerns a small group of people who've for any reason been cut off from the rest of society intrigues me. Whether they're in prison, or on a ship at sea, or survivors of a plane crash or a nuclear attack or a deadly virus outbreak, or maybe lost hikers or Lord of the Flies or whatever it may be. I really love the book The Postman by David Brin, I'd read that one a few times back in the 80's even before the Kevin Costner movie came out in the late 90's. I love Jack London stories, a man and his dog fighting to survive the elements.

As soon as Hobbits or elves make an appearance I'm out though. I prefer all he characters in a book to be humans, and the setting to be here on earth. I can handle some sci-fi on occasion, even if there are a few extra terrestrial characters, as long as the story's set here on earth. No Star Wars or deep space adventures nonsense. I prefer my sci-fi futuristic and dystopian with just human characters. Time travel is always appealing as well. I was real big on spy thrillers, international intrigue (Jason Bourne type shit) and Tom Clancy type stuff at one time (80's - 90's) but I haven't read anything like that in a long time. I have just about every one of Sanford's The Prey series though, as well as Ridley Pearson's shorter Lou Boldt series. I used to read a lot of stuff like that years ago, but I'll still pick up read a new one of those cop procedurals every now and then.

Don't know shit about Harry Potter because that wasn't my generation. I've never read any of the books or seen any of the films. My sister and niece are huge into HP though as was my late wife when she was younger. My whole family is nerds though, I was raised to be a nerd, by rights I should probably be a nerd too. But I'm sort of the 'black sheep' who in his teenage years 'rebelled' against nerd culture and became more interested in 'normie' stuff like heavy metal of course, cooking and sports and of course girls, instead of Star Wars and all the typical nerd stuff.

To bring it back around to the music, it's just a generation thing. You might've noticed I'm pretty heavily into extreme metal, and there are lots of days when I can't stand the thought of listening to anything with clean vocals. But every now and then I will get into that 80's zone where I'll get all nostalgic for the old stuff from back in my younger days before extreme metal came into my life or even existed. Remember I was 43 when I first discovered and got into extreme metal with harsh vocals. So obviously that means I spent 30+ years before that listening only to stuff with clean vocals. Therefore I can go both ways on that and I'm able to appreciate stuff with either type of vocals if the conditions are favorable. Now I agree that I've always found most of the higher pitched 80's heavy metal singers to be pretty irritating so I've tried to avoid them for the most part. But there have been a few notable exceptions to that, a handful higher pitched dudes that for some reason I can appreciate like Bobby Blitz, and there have been some other bands like Priest where I listened to the music in spite of the high pitched vocals I couldn't stand. Cirith Ungol dude didn't really seem to be one of the worst offenders in that regard, he wasn't so shrill and high pitched as to be an issue, he seemed fairly inoffensive to me. But I only listened to that one album just this afternoon so I'm certainly not claiming to be any kind of an authority on Cirith Ungol's vocals. 

Discharge - Grave New World, UK 1986. This is one of those exceptions to the rule, due to the vocals it makes no sense that I should like this album at all, yet I do. And I loved Discharge's original sound, they were a groundbreaking hardcore band that had a large hand in the evolution of thrash and extreme metal. But then they released this thing in '86 with the silly high-pitched vocals and they took a lot of shit for it from their fans back in the day. But I think it's fucking great. I can never predict what I will or won't like. I know my general trends run toward filth, darkness and brutality and away from anything soft, clean and polished, but there are so many exceptions to the rules that I can't even really call them rules anymore. I just go with what sounds cool to me, whatever that might happen to be that day.

War Machine - Unknown Soldier, NWOBHM 1986

Mad Dog - Mad Dog, NWOBHM 1986.

8 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

What have we here? These guys are from right here in New Jersey and I was absolutely in the market for shit like this in 1985. Yet I've never even heard of them. Takes the Greek Gen-Z selfie king to introduce my old Boomer ass to 40 year old speed metal bands from right here in my own backyard. True that I don't generally go in for stuff with the super high pitched ear-piercing vox like this, but these aren't bothering me at all for some reason. I'm totally digging this, kicks all kinds of ass. Good shit alani. I might even have to see if I can find this one digitally somewhere. Alright well look at that, it's on Bandcamp for $8, that was easy. Guess I assumed that since I'd never heard of this before it'd be hard to find.

Me neither, but i'm glad i found them out! What caught my attention was the original goofy album cover where a barbarian of sorts battles a green pterodaktyl or something 😅 I'm happy you like it! Lately i've been enjoying a lot many heavy/power metal bands with these screeching vocals idk why maybe because it sounds so epic and glorious to my ears. 

8 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Greek Gen-Z selfie king 

I would die from the cringe that surrounds my entire existence but there's still more shit to listen to 🤣

9 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Their least great album IMHO (aside from the latest one which I still haven't made up my mind about yet) but it's still great in its own right.

Really?! I'm surprised cause it had some really killer riffs and very unique vocals. But yeah as you said it comes down to tastes. This now this just makes me more excited for the rest of their discography 😁

Whiplash - Insult To Injury

2 hours ago, Yannis said:

Really?! I'm surprised cause it had some really killer riffs and very unique vocals. But yeah as you said it comes down to tastes. This now this just makes me more excited for the rest of their discography 😁 

To be fair I've seen more than a few people cite that debut as their favorite Inquisition album of them all. For me it's my least favorite of a completely stacked discography. Great album but they're all great, and they can't all be #1. This happens to be my all-time favorite metal band we're talking about here, any genre, they don't have any bad albums. So ranking them can become very arbitrary, we all have our own various personal reasons for liking one album from a band better than another. You might listen to them all and conclude that I was out of my fucking mind, because that's their best album. So take whatever I say with a grain of salt and please listen for yourself. Every album has something to offer and is worth your time. If you're into one of them you'll probably love them all. If you hate black metal altogether like certain narrow minded people do, then yeah you'll be wasting your time with any of them. But I've seen you post enough black metal to know that you'll dig it. You have some pretty broad and varied tastes for someone your age. You've posted a wide array of shit here on these pages in a relatively short time, I could probably learn a lot from you.

Nefarious Dismal Orations is unquestionably my favorite Inquisition album. It also happens to be the first one I ever heard as I was just getting to black metal in 2007 and it was the new release, so my introduction to the band. But that's really not why I like it the best. There are a couple of distinctly different eras of the band's sound. The debut which you've heard and the following two albums were what I call the 'early period' and they had some pretty raw production. The second album Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan is my favorite of the early ones. Unbelievable riffs on that album.

This album NDO from 2007 is like the bridge between that early period and what I'll call the 'modern period' starting with Ominous Doctrines where the production got noticeably cleaner and Dagon really established his very unique sound and songwriting style that compensates for not having a bass player. The next three albums after this one, Ominous Doctrines 2010, Obscure Verses 2013, and Bloodshed 2016 are all absolutely incredible and have a somewhat similar sound. Ominous is the best of these 3, I think that'd have to be my overall 2nd favorite Inquisition album. I was fortunate enough to see them play live four times within the timeframe of this modern period. Life changing experience for me each and every time.

But then in 2020 he released Black Mass for a Mass Grave which had a distinctly new and different sound than anything that had come before. So now a new era of Inquisition has been born. Don't know what to call it as "modern" has already been used. Guess I'll go with the 'melodic era' as a lot of people had some reservations about that album when it came out, thought it was overly melodic, not brutal enough possibly, and they wondered if maybe Dagon was going soft on us or something. But as so often happens with repeated listens that album has revealed itself to be absolutely amazing. 4 years later it's now one of my favorites and most listened to Inquisition albums. Their latest Veneration of Medieval Mysticism came out earlier this year and the style sounds pretty similar to Black Mass so we're still in the melodic era. But something's slightly off there, I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I haven't given it enough listens to really figure that record out yet, so I'll let you see for yourself. Guess I know what I'll be listening to now today.

Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations 2007

Inquisition - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm 2010

Inquisition - Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan  2002

30 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

To be fair I've seen more than a few people cite that debut as their favorite Inquisition album of them all. For me it's my least favorite of a completely stacked discography. Great album but they're all great, and they can't all be #1. This happens to be my all-time favorite metal band we're talking about here, any genre, they don't have any bad albums. So ranking them can become very arbitrary, we all have our own various personal reasons for liking one album from a band better than another. You might listen to them all and conclude that I was out of my fucking mind, because that's their best album. So take whatever I say with a grain of salt and please listen for yourself. Every album has something to offer and is worth your time. If you're into one of them you'll probably love them all. If you hate black metal altogether like certain narrow minded people do, then yeah you'll be wasting your time with any of them. But I've seen you post enough black metal to know that you'll dig it. You have some pretty broad and varied tastes for someone your age. You've posted a wide array of shit here on these pages in a relatively short time, I could probably learn a lot from you.

Nefarious Dismal Orations is unquestionably my favorite Inquisition album. It also happens to be the first one I ever heard as I was just getting to black metal in 2007 and it was the new release, so my introduction to the band. But that's really not why I like it the best. There are a couple of distinctly different eras of the band's sound. The debut which you've heard and the following two albums were what I call the 'early period' and they had some pretty raw production. The second album Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan is my favorite of the early ones. Unbelievable riffs on that album.

This album NDO from 2007 is like the bridge between that early period and what I'll call the 'modern period' starting with Ominous Doctrines where the production got noticeably cleaner and Dagon really established his very unique sound and songwriting style that compensates for not having a bass player. The next three albums after this one, Ominous Doctrines 2010, Obscure Verses 2013, and Bloodshed 2016 are all absolutely incredible and have a somewhat similar sound. Ominous is the best of these 3, I think that'd have to be my overall 2nd favorite Inquisition album. I was fortunate enough to see them play live four times within the timeframe of this modern period. Life changing experience for me each and every time.

But then in 2020 he released Black Mass for a Mass Grave which had a distinctly new and different sound than anything that had come before. So now a new era of Inquisition has been born. Don't know what to call it as "modern" has already been used. Guess I'll go with the 'melodic era' as a lot of people had some reservations about that album when it came out, thought it was overly melodic, not brutal enough possibly, and they wondered if maybe Dagon was going soft on us or something. But as so often happens with repeated listens that album has revealed itself to be absolutely amazing. 4 years later it's now one of my favorites and most listened to Inquisition albums. Their latest Veneration of Medieval Mysticism came out earlier this year and the style sounds pretty similar to Black Mass so we're still in the melodic era. But something's slightly off there, I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I haven't given it enough listens to really figure that record out yet, so I'll let you see for yourself. Guess I know what I'll be listening to now today.

Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations 2007

Inquisition - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm 2010

Inquisition - Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan  2002

Yea i can agree to that, everyone keeps certain albums close to their hearts for various reasons. Nevertheless i promise to listen to the rest of the albums with an as unbiased view as possible. Black Metal is like venting for me similar to a very strong emotion plus im fond of the wicked and evil themes. So yeah im trying to get into this genre even more with time and explore everything i can. Also i noticed that all these albums have some of the most satanic and deprived and fiendish album titles i've ever seen! You ever get this feeling when listening to an evil as fuck album and looking at the disgusting album cover at the same time and thinking "man i might summon a demon with this record" 🤣

39 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

You have some pretty broad and varied tastes for someone your age. You've posted a wide array of shit here on these pages in a relatively short time, I could probably learn a lot from you.

I used to be an exclusively Doom/Funeral Doom guy but after spending some time in other forums with some thrashers and black metal dudes i have thankfully been infected with these genres ever since 😅 O-Ok please i'm blushing when you say such embarassing things 🙄 Like how could i possibly contribute anything significant to your ears when i'm just barely dipping my toes into music. Still it feels nice that you enjoy what i post and i can certainly say the same thing on your end.

Gravestone - Back To Attack

Iron Angel - Hellish Crossfire

14 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Steven King's first full novel was Carrie in 1974, I was 13. But I never read that one, I did read the next two though, Salem's Lot '75 and The Shining '77. They came out while I was in high school but I didn't read them 'til a few years later on paperback in the early 80's. Haven't read too many more of his since though, The Stand, Firestarter and IT, and I think that's probably about it. He's a great storyteller, very easy to read but the supernatural subject matter doesn't really appeal to me that much. That said, The Stand was one of the best books I've ever read, and it started me down the road of post apocalyptic fiction, which is probably my favorite genre.

I will also drop everything to read any period seafaring tales I come across, think like the Master and Commander series. Re-watched that movie not too long ago with my kid after he'd expressed interest. I didn't like it back when it first came out because I resented that the book had been so much better. But some years have passed and I've gotten past that now. But anything that concerns a small group of people who've for any reason been cut off from the rest of society intrigues me. Whether they're in prison, or on a ship at sea, or survivors of a plane crash or a nuclear attack or a deadly virus outbreak, or maybe lost hikers or Lord of the Flies or whatever it may be. I really love the book The Postman by David Brin, I'd read that one a few times back in the 80's even before the Kevin Costner movie came out in the late 90's. I love Jack London stories, a man and his dog fighting to survive the elements.

As soon as Hobbits or elves make an appearance I'm out though. I prefer all he characters in a book to be humans, and the setting to be here on earth. I can handle some sci-fi on occasion, even if there are a few extra terrestrial characters, as long as the story's set here on earth. No Star Wars or deep space adventures nonsense. I prefer my sci-fi futuristic and dystopian with just human characters. Time travel is always appealing as well. I was real big on spy thrillers, international intrigue (Jason Bourne type shit) and Tom Clancy type stuff at one time (80's - 90's) but I haven't read anything like that in a long time. I have just about every one of Sanford's The Prey series though, as well as Ridley Pearson's shorter Lou Boldt series. I used to read a lot of stuff like that years ago, but I'll still pick up read a new one of those cop procedurals every now and then.

Don't know shit about Harry Potter because that wasn't my generation. I've never read any of the books or seen any of the films. My sister and niece are huge into HP though as was my late wife when she was younger. My whole family is nerds though, I was raised to be a nerd, by rights I should probably be a nerd too. But I'm sort of the 'black sheep' who in his teenage years 'rebelled' against nerd culture and became more interested in 'normie' stuff like heavy metal of course, cooking and sports and of course girls, instead of Star Wars and all the typical nerd stuff.

To bring it back around to the music, it's just a generation thing. You might've noticed I'm pretty heavily into extreme metal, and there are lots of days when I can't stand the thought of listening to anything with clean vocals. But every now and then I will get into that 80's zone where I'll get all nostalgic for the old stuff from back in my younger days before extreme metal came into my life or even existed. Remember I was 43 when I first discovered and got into extreme metal with harsh vocals. So obviously that means I spent 30+ years before that listening only to stuff with clean vocals. Therefore I can go both ways on that and I'm able to appreciate stuff with either type of vocals if the conditions are favorable. Now I agree that I've always found most of the higher pitched 80's heavy metal singers to be pretty irritating so I've tried to avoid them for the most part. But there have been a few notable exceptions to that, a handful higher pitched dudes that for some reason I can appreciate like Bobby Blitz, and there have been some other bands like Priest where I listened to the music in spite of the high pitched vocals I couldn't stand. Cirith Ungol dude didn't really seem to be one of the worst offenders in that regard, he wasn't so shrill and high pitched as to be an issue, he seemed fairly inoffensive to me. But I only listened to that one album just this afternoon so I'm certainly not claiming to be any kind of an authority on Cirith Ungol's vocals. 

Discharge - Grave New World, UK 1986. This is one of those exceptions to the rule, due to the vocals it makes no sense that I should like this album at all, yet I do. And I loved Discharge's original sound, they were a groundbreaking hardcore band that had a large hand in the evolution of thrash and extreme metal. But then they released this thing in '86 with the silly high-pitched vocals and they took a lot of shit for it from their fans back in the day. But I think it's fucking great. I can never predict what I will or won't like. I know my general trends run toward filth, darkness and brutality and away from anything soft, clean and polished, but there are so many exceptions to the rules that I can't even really call them rules anymore. I just go with what sounds cool to me, whatever that might happen to be that day.

War Machine - Unknown Soldier, NWOBHM 1986

Mad Dog - Mad Dog, NWOBHM 1986.

for me the nerd stuff was Relius, when you’re a 12-year-old hearing from your stepdad the music you’re getting into is “suicidal crap“, that “men don’t read”, and that your burgeoning interest in cooking is a waste of time because “cooking is a woman’s job” it’s only going one of two ways. As far as Cirith Ungol I can never predict which bands clean vocals. I’ll find distracting enough that I can’t listen to their music.. I imagine that before becoming the rabbit fan of extreme metal that I am today I probably could have overlooked those vocals, but much like yourself my tolerance for most styles of clean singing is virtually non-existent these days

1 hour ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

For me the nerd stuff was rebellious, when you’re a 12-year-old hearing from your stepdad the music you’re getting into is “suicidal crap“, that “men don’t read”, and that your burgeoning interest in cooking is a waste of time because “cooking is a woman’s job” it’s only going one of two ways.

As far as Cirith Ungol I can never predict which bands' clean vocals I’ll find distracting enough that I can’t listen to their music. I imagine that before becoming the rabbid fan of extreme metal that I am today I probably could have overlooked those vocals, but much like yourself my tolerance for most styles of clean singing is virtually non-existent these days.

Oh I hear that. I'm often surprised that I liked some of that old stuff as much as I did back then, considering how quickly I was persuaded by death metal to turn my back on most of it. The transformation from listening to all clean vocals to mostly harsh vocals was very rapid, took a few months at most. I resisted a wee bit at first, but I didn't put up that much of a fight. Clearly the harsh vocals are a much better fit for me, because even in my old age I'm much more passionate about this kind of music than I ever was about the 70's and 80's stuff. And I was a certified thrash fucking maniac in the 80's.

Dude I'm truly sorry to hear about what you had to deal with as a kid regarding your step-dad. I can't even imagine having to grow up in a toxic environment like that. That's just fucked up. Inflicting emotional abuse on children because of your own insecurities and inadequacies is utterly despicable. Life is hard enough growing up in those teen and pre-teen years without that shit to deal with. I hope his being such a major fucking asshole didn't ruin your relationship with your mom. And obviously I hope this ignorant diseased prick is out of all of your lives for good by now. You seem to have come out of that hell in pretty good shape though, you seem to have a pretty good head on you shoulders as we used to say. But I know there's probably gotta be some lingering after-effects and emotional baggage you'll have to carry with you forever. Surround yourself with positive people, cut all the malignant cancerous ones out of your life no matter who they are. That's my best advice, not that you asked me for any so I'll leave it at that.

Flukt - Omen ov Darkness, Norway 2023. Back on the black metal today.

Gråinheim - Hexndeifl, Germany 2021

38 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:Oh I hear that. I'm often surprised that I liked some of that old stuff as much as I did back then, considering how quickly I was persuaded by death metal to turn my back on most of it. The transformation from listening to all clean vocals to mostly harsh vocals was very rapid, took a few months at most. I resisted a wee bit at first, but I didn't put up that much of a fight. Clearly the harsh vocals are a much better fit for me, because even in my old age I'm much more passionate about this kind of music than I ever was about the 70's and 80's stuff. And I was a certified thrash fucking maniac in the 80's.

Dude I'm truly sorry to hear about what you had to deal with as a kid regarding your step-dad. I can't even imagine having to grow up in a toxic environment like that. That's just fucked up. Inflicting emotional abuse on children because of your own insecurities and inadequacies is utterly despicable. Life is hard enough growing up in those teen and pre-teen years without that shit to deal with. I hope his being such a major fucking asshole didn't ruin your relationship with your mom. And obviously I hope this ignorant diseased prick is out of all of your lives for good by now. You seem to have come out of that hell in pretty good shape though, you seem to have a pretty good head on you shoulders as we used to say. But I know there's probably gotta be some lingering after-effects and emotional baggage you'll have to carry with you forever. Surround yourself with positive people, cut all the malignant cancerous ones out of your life no matter who they are. That's my best advice, not that you asked me for any so I'll leave it at that.

Flukt - Omen ov Darkness, Norway 2023. Back on the black metal today.

Gråinheim - Hexndeifl, Germany 2021

Likewise, I was starting to get pretty burnt out on metal around 13 years ago when I first joined the forum. It was largely through recommendations from BAN That I started really delving into the more extreme side of metal.that I started really delving into the more extreme side of metal

As far as he goes, yeah, he’s been out of our lives for the best part of four years and I’ve never been happier. It’s taken a bit of work to repair my relationship with Mum but we’re getting there.

22 hours ago, Yannis said:

Razor - Open Hostility

Local guys from Guelph, seen em with Venom in 85 Black Metal tour, put on a good show. Solid guys  

4 hours ago, MarkhantonioYeatts said:

AEROSMITH - Lightning Strikes

....my 2nd favourite song by them.....

AEROSMITH - Draw The Line

.....my favourite song by them.......

I'd go with Nobody's Fault or Sweet Emotion for my picks 

On 9/4/2024 at 2:22 AM, AlSymerz said:

Nasty Savage - Psycho Pyscho

Forgot about these guys