Looking for bands like I.O.N

PalzaaraPeak996

Question

Hey everyone I'm new here, and I specifically made this account because recently I watched dragon ball z broly's second coming movie and good god above the soundtrack of that movie is crazy good. It has 5 songs from the band I.O.N which I believe was made specifically to design the movie's soundtrack then soon dissolved the band. Now my question is I really loved the sound of this band, both the vocals and the instrumentals. I'd really love if you guys could recommend other great bands that have similar sound and the similar feel. I don't t necessarily want the exact lyrical feel but the general vibe of the music like their song deeper actually sounds like some ancient evil being is rising from deep within the earth. So really want some similar bands with similar sounds and vocals. And would also love if someone could accurately tell which genre this band is. Many thanks friends!

18 answers to this question

Not tough...we just have different tastes around here

Doubt you'll find anything exactly like that band you posted...but listening to the one track i did...and drawing on the unfortunate knowledge of nu-metal I acquired when younger...I'd look to bands like Mudvayne or Sevendust, and maybe Cold or Adema

Not a fan of NuMetal really either, some tunes are okay, but hey if you dig it then who cares what others think. I would agree Sevendust would be a decent start. Might be a little hard to find something closer because NuMetal has been pretty much dead for a few years at least. I will ask around and get back to you. 🤘  

14 hours ago, SurgicalBrute said:

4 hours ago, RexKeltoi said:

Not a fan of NuMetal really either, some tunes are okay, but hey if you dig it then who cares what others think. I would agree Sevendust would be a decent start. Might be a little hard to find something closer because NuMetal has been pretty much dead for a few years at least. I will ask around and get back to you. 🤘  

@RexKeltoi Finally someone sensible around here🥹, for some reason everyone's assuming I only like nu metal when I listen to bands like lamb of god, impending doom, thy art is murder, August Burns Red, hatebreed,chimaira, crystal casket and whatnot and they're all being so stiff about it it's weird. Thanks for offering to help man, much appreciated 🫡🫡. I did give sevendust a listen but their songs didn't quite match the vibe. Actually I don't mind if you recommend bands from other metal sub genres as long as they match the vibe with the band that I mentioned. Would really help if I can find more bands like this.

6 hours ago, SurgicalBrute said:

I mean, I don't like Nu-metal, but I wasn't being sarcastic with my answer...

Theyre not perfect matches but Mudvayne, Sevendust, Cold and Adema were the first bands that came to mind when i listened to the band you posted

Hmm thanks for helping out will check these out. Checked out mudvayne but didn't really match the vibe.

3 minutes ago, PalzaaraPeak996 said:

@RexKeltoi Finally someone sensible around here🥹, for some reason everyone's assuming I only like nu metal when I listen to bands like lamb of god, impending doom, thy art is murder, August Burns Red, hatebreed,chimaira, crystal casket and whatnot and they're all being so stiff about it it's weird. Thanks for offering to help man, much appreciated 🫡🫡. I did give sevendust a listen but their songs didn't quite match the vibe. Actually I don't mind if you recommend bands from other metal sub genres as long as they match the vibe with the band that I mentioned. Would really help if I can find more bands like this.

So he is the problem virtually none of us have anything in a similar vein to recommend. That particular style of metal has virtually no appeal on this particular forum,Moreover, the sub genres which do come up frequently don’t sound anything like the “vibe“ you’re looking for. It’s nothing against you, everyone likes what they like and while I could sit here and throw some metaphorical darts at the wall and see what hits them Mark I don’t think it would be fun for either of us. I wouldn’t enjoy it because I’m not anticipating anything. I listen to regularly gaining traction with you, and you wouldn’t like it, if someone just started machine gun recommendations that have nothing to do with your own tastes and interests. 

6 hours ago, PalzaaraPeak996 said:

Hmm thanks for helping out will check these out. Checked out mudvayne but didn't really match the vibe.

They're just poking you, it's all in good fun and banter. My son said try Disturbed, maybe Drowning Pool, System of a Down or Dry Cell 🤷‍♂️ Band is from Dallas apparently and they have a FB page, why not ask them, they of all people should know. 🤘 

1 hour ago, RexKeltoi said:

They're just poking you, it's all in good fun and banter. My son said try Disturbed, maybe Drowning Pool, System of a Down or Dry Cell 🤷‍♂️ Band is from Dallas apparently and they have a FB page, why not ask them, they of all people should know. 🤘 

Thanks sir! I already listen to disturbed and system of a down, really love them both. The other two I haven't heard about but will definitely give them a listen. And by the last sentence do you mean the band ION has a fb page? If so will definitely look them up.

I mean...some of the other Nu-metal bands I remember...there's Spineshank and Soil...maybe Nonpoint or Flaw might line up with what youre looking for...unfortunately "vibe" is kind of a subjective qualifier. Chances are nothing is going to give you that same feeling because it was as much about the movie you were watching as it was the actual song that was playing.

11 minutes ago, SurgicalBrute said:

I mean...some of the other Nu-metal bands I remember...there's Spineshank and Soil...maybe Nonpoint or Flaw might line up with what youre looking for...unfortunately "vibe" is kind of a subjective qualifier. Chances are nothing is going to give you that same feeling because it was as much about the movie you were watching as it was the actual song that was playing.

Oh my gosh, Spineshank. I saw them open for Fear Factory on the Obsolete tour, and they were so green and defensive onstage I couldn't give them a fair listen afterwards. 

13 minutes ago, SurgicalBrute said:

Thanks for more recommendations man will check em out, and yeah I agree with what you mean about the vibe being subjective it's definitely a lot about the movie I was watching the general Atmosphere and so on. Best bet is that I keep looking for more bands and see if a band strikes my liking. 

3 minutes ago, PalzaaraPeak996 said:

Thanks for more recommendations man will check em out, and yeah I agree with what you mean about the vibe being subjective it's definitely a lot about the movie I was watching the general Atmosphere and so on. Best bet is that I keep looking for more bands and see if a band strikes my liking. 

20 minutes ago, SurgicalBrute said:

Thanks for the help you guys I tried out spineshank and nonpoint they're nice but not quite what I'm looking for. Now you guys have already spent much time trying to help me out but I can't quite find the band that scratches the itch I have. As a last ditch effort I wanna say that the band I.O.N that I'm looking alternatives for, their songs have the same atmosphere and vibe for me as Lamb Of God's Walk With me In Hell (I might've said something sacrilegous here please forgive me)which is a song by LOG that I really fucking love along with basically most of their discography, so as a final helping hand would you guys recommend me bands that carry the similar vibe as Walk With Me In Hell? Many thanks!

9 hours ago, PalzaaraPeak996 said:

Thanks sir! I already listen to disturbed and system of a down, really love them both. The other two I haven't heard about but will definitely give them a listen. And by the last sentence do you mean the band ION has a fb page? If so will definitely look them up.

https://www.facebook.com/p/Unofficial-ION-100064933770512/