Anger Thread!

RelentlessOblivion

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in this instance I should have been more specific after all it isn't difficult to see how my original statement could be taken out of context. ok on an entirely different subject (which I could easily also post in the Anger Thread) the former CEO of the Adelaide Football Club Stephen Trigg launched an incredible tirade against Port Adelaide several months back saying the club's continued existance was damaging the credibility of AFL in general and South Australian football specifically. Now I can understand if supporters want to make comment on our club (Port Adelaide supporters) and I can understand why Adelaide supporters would be eager to lay the boots in (the Port Adelaide name is despised by over two thirds of the football following public in my state) but what I can't fathom is why the CEO of a rival club would feel compelled to pass judgement on an unrelated football club. Nor can I understand why the coach of that same club then felt compelled to say that everyone at his football club: coaches, support staff and players felt the same way and complain how unfair it was that Adelaide should be made to bear the burden of "ensuring South Australian football remains credible". That same CEO then began circulating a petition to have Port Adelaide removed from the AFL by force comparing the club to a diseased limb that required amputation. The basic premise here was that the AFL had done this once before to a club called Fitzroy which was losing money left, right and centre and won a total of 5 games in a 5 year period. This particular CEO when confronted with the fact that there are only 2 AFL teams that ever record a profit (Collingwood and Geelong) and (including those two) only 6 clubs financially independant of the AFL, and that of the 12 AFL clubs recieving assistance packages Port Adelaide were a) recieving the least amount and B) paying back the highest amount per season refused to back down and instead replied "well then the AFL should get rid of Port because it'll give those other clubs an extra incentive to fix things". That's all background information which is important for something Mr. Trigg has said more recently but before I get to that I'm going to provide some important figures: firstly this year Port Adelaide's re-negotiated sponsorship contracts have yielded $500,000 more then the contracts of last year (the club also brought a new sponsor on board in Renault). The club's membership (where supporters buy into the club and recieve season tickets to all home games) is up by 10% on last year which has brought in a further $1 million to the club. Merchandise sales are up by 30% on this time last year and attendance figures at home games is up by 54% on this time last year. On top of that the club after playing 6 games is 5 wins and 1 loss where this time last year we were 1 win and 5 losses in a 2012 season which ended with the club posting 5 wins, 1 draw and 16 losses. Mr. Trigg (who was forcefully stood down after the AFL discovered Adelaide had breached the AFL Salary Cap) recently remarked about Adelaide's start to the season (after six games they are 2 wins and 4 losses) being compared with where Port Adelaide are (5 and 1) and his comment was "well that comparison is unfair, Port Adelaide shouldn't even be playing this season the AFL should have terminated that club by now" WHAT THE FUCK!!! What sort of fucking moron is this guy? Adelaide posted a larger loss at the end of last season then Port did and we had to pay back AFL assistance packages for a start. Port's new Chairman of the Board is a financial guru with the ability to lure more money to Port Adelaide then some 3rd world countries have and even only tapping a minute percentage of those contacts has still been able to dramatically increase the Club's turnover. The club's membership is at a record high of 39,765 and growing daily (to put that into comparison the team which won the AFL Premiership last year Sydney has fewer then 30,000 members). On field the club set a new record for the best EVER start to an AFL season by a non-Victorian team (and since the AFL was once the VFL or Victorian Football League all Victorian club's histories are carried over yet non-Victorian team's histories aren't or Port Adelaide would have that record for their pre-AFL era accomplishment of posting three consecutive unbeaten seasons to go with their 36 premierships in 143 years of existance)

Oh thank the Lord if he/she/it exists our Prime Minister's bill to have the Australian Flag barred from public display has failed, you know it's bad law when even your own cabinet crosses the flaw to shoot it down. Ms. Gillard was THE ONLY person in parliament who voted in favour of her new law.

Why not? I just love it when you whine' date=' bitch and cry about pointless shit.[/quote'] I need the laugh smiley, this was hilarious... My point is that you're too funny to be an elitist.