What's on your mind?

Apoc

Well' date=' I wore my Extol shirt, calf-length boots, camo shorts and leather bracer, with the aim of helping them get a general estimation of what sort of music I was into. The assistant pastor got an alternate signal, though, she asked me whether I played Magic: the Gathering. It's got to be the glasses...[/quote'] Lol, maybe you should take it up, it does mesh with your other interests. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I suppose 7 of the 8 nails in the coffin of my romantic life are already in, I might as well just pound down this last one. Physically Repulsive, Angry, Socially Inept, Religious, Anal-retentive, Self-centered, Home-bound... Might as well add Hobbyist just to make sure I'm a well-rounded loser...

I suppose 7 of the 8 nails in the coffin of my romantic life are already in' date=' I might as well just pound down this last one. Physically Repulsive, Angry, Socially Inept, Religious, Anal-retentive, Self-centered, Home-bound... Might as well add Hobbyist just to make sure I'm a [i']well-rounded loser...
Don't lose hope dude, I was unaware of just how many hot metal ladies there are in the world because there are only a couple here in Utah, but there were LOTS at MDF. I've always known that they were out there and assumed that my microcosm wasn't representative of the whole, but there were literally hundreds gathered together in one place. Or, you may end up like me and find someone you love who shares nearly none of your interests, but has a mutual respect for your differences and is also gorgeous. From one Magic: The Gathering playing, metal loving, arrogant, hairy, obnoxious, know-it-all, pretentious asshole to a nerd of a slightly different color, you'll be fine. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Don't lose hope dude' date=' I was unaware of just how many hot metal ladies there are in the world because there are only a couple here in Utah, but there were LOTS at MDF. I've always known that they were out there and assumed that my microcosm wasn't representative of the whole, but there were literally hundreds gathered together in one place.[/quote'] I'm always really suspicious of them, though. Even Ghouly, who comes off as one of the most accomplished people I've met, isn't the kind of person I'd be interested in, she's just got an entirely different perspective on things...and she comes off as an intelligent example. I still cannot agree with her philosophically, on a number of fronts. Quite apart from all the perfectly good other reasons people wouldn't want to be in my general vicinity, I think my religiosity is probably what really kills it, because usually theologically serious Christian women generally come in two varieties - intelligent and hopelessly stupid. The middle ground just gets smaller and smaller the more I observe; it's one of the few cases where something is actually getting less complex as I learn more about it. And the problem is that the intelligent ones are usually terrifyingly clever, to the extent of my just butting out of their conversations altogether. For example, I could hear someone talking about nuclear weapons to another person and try to weigh in because I'm interested in the subject as well, only to realize that they're talking so far above my level that it's not worth me wasting their time just to validate my own existence. They'll speak excellent French, have a 3.6 GPA, a paid internship with the State Department, volunteer with food kitchens and spend their spare time poring over literature and journal articles, so I tend to think to myself that it'd be a massive shame if I took up her time with my stupid-ass questions while she's just trying to take a well-deserved break and enjoy herself by speaking with people who can provide good conversation before pelting down the next segment of the path to success. I really don't know when the last time was I had a conversation with an attractive and intelligent Christian girl where I actually got even the slightest impression that I contributed anything to her life, most of the time it's just me trying to find something I think would be interesting or useful to say and I get met with either blithe affability or a noncommittal grunt and stony silence.

I went this saturday to Eye of Solitude, Faal, The Drowning and Monuments (NL). I was really looking forward to it, but it turned out a bit different than expected...: First two bands who had to play were The Drowning and Monuments. As a band who have recorded only a few songs so far, Monuments was really was awesome. A great mix between black and doom metal. After Monuments, it was The Drowning's turn to play. Everything according schedule so far. The Drowning plays a nice mix between death and doom metal, with a melodic touch like Saturnus, but somehow it didn't get me as much as Monuments. Still a good band though. And then it happened. According to the timeschedule, Eye of Solitude was going to play next. They were the main reason that I traveled to Dordrecht for almost two hours. And according to the schedule, they should be done around 23:10, so I could catch the last train back home. But instead of Eye of Solitude, Faal was going to play a half set, since the drummer had injured his knee a hour before the show. Nevertheless Faal put also a great show, despite of the injury of the drummer. But I was a bit dissapointed that I couldn't get to see Eye of Solitude, since Canto III was my favorite album last year and I still listen to them a lot. I already talked with those really nice guys from Eye of Solitude, and they felt really sorry for me that I couldn't see them. What I didn't know at that point, is that they told the girl, who was doing the merch, to gave me a free cd. I was already going to buy some stuff of them, but it turned out even better. Well better...I still wished I could have watched their entire show, but sometimes life is just a bit unfortunate :P Anyways, I still had a good evening, talking with those guys and merchgirl from Eye of Solitude and still some good music :) But it still felt a bit strange afterwards though...

I think if I weren't constantly challenged at work I'd quit and go elsewhere. I love solving problems and conquering challenges. I have a really close friend and she's the opposite, she wants a mindless slow job with no responsibility so she can punch a clock and collect a check. Its not much surprise she's still unemployed. On an odd note I got cat called today for my iron maiden messenger bag by a construction worker. Somehow much less creepy and offensive than getting cat called for my butt or something. Its like... 'yup, I have good taste in music, don't I?' Where otherwise I'd be like... "my butt? Really? Its so flat..." :P

On an odd note I got cat called today for my iron maiden messenger bag by a construction worker. Somehow much less creepy and offensive than getting cat called for my butt or something. Its like... 'yup, I have good taste in music, don't I?' Where otherwise I'd be like... "my butt? Really? Its so flat..." :P
When I was 14 I remember some Mexican girl and two of her guy friends walked up to me and began playing with my hair...asked 'how old are you, cutie?' I just told her to shut up and she buzzed off but that was one of the strangest things I've ever experienced. I wish I'd had the wherewithal to ask which hole I was going to end up with since two were already taken...

When I was 14 I remember some Mexican girl and two of her guy friends walked up to me and began playing with my hair...asked 'how old are you' date=' cutie?' I just told her to shut up and she buzzed off but that was one of the strangest things I've ever experienced. I wish I'd had the wherewithal to ask which hole I was going to end up with since two were already taken...[/quote'] That is one awkward story.

It's weird. Who just comes up and touches your hair? Good thing you didn't have the presence of mind to say anything insulting, actually, that could have turned out badly for you... On my mind - I'm really hoping that my drummer's bullshit behavior during writing last practice was an aberration, and that it won't become the norm. I haven't played with him in over three years, and I quit the last band we were in together because I couldn't write with him. We stayed friends, and started talking about putting something together again a couple of years ago. It's been better up to this point, and we're all coming up with cool stuff, but he gets bent out of shape really easily and takes his moods out on everyone around him. We've been friends for seven years now, but it's getting on my fucking nerves.

Also, our living room/family computer just died - I think it's the power supply - and I put my laptop out in the living room for the time being. I haven't put any ad blocking software on it yet, so I'm seeing the ads on this site for the first time in months, and "Metalhead Dating - Sign Up Now" is cracking me up. It would help if the girl in the picture didn't look like Judi Dench's cynical, jaded older daughter.

Off to the park soon to meet a friend of mine of whom I discovered yesterday that he likes black metal as well, so I'm selling him a Mayhem patch and the chance some black metal will be blasted isn't nihil. Afterwards I have my final cello lesson before my exam on Saturday.

I think if I weren't constantly challenged at work I'd quit and go elsewhere. I love solving problems and conquering challenges. I have a really close friend and she's the opposite, she wants a mindless slow job with no responsibility so she can punch a clock and collect a check. Its not much surprise she's still unemployed. On an odd note I got cat called today for my iron maiden messenger bag by a construction worker. Somehow much less creepy and offensive than getting cat called for my butt or something. Its like... 'yup, I have good taste in music, don't I?' Where otherwise I'd be like... "my butt? Really? Its so flat..." :P
I would rather be challenged as well, and every day presents a new set of challenges, as our routes are never the same, and different issues/delays present themselves all the time. It can be frustrating when all of my planning gets screwed up, or when people have unrealistic expectations and bitch no matter how much you put into it, but that's life. I can't just sit around, I NEED to work, even if I am sick (which is very rare), I can never take sick days because I get bored. In regards to the cat calls, I have never seen the point, how many times has someone actually gotten somewhere with someone else beginning that way? However, I think I would be more prone to do a double take at a fine looking woman sporting some metal cred than to notice a "nice ass", the first is much more rare and intriguing. Also, though I know it's a very female thing to do, I'm not sure why women have to be so critical of themselves physically, even when receiving a compliment. While a cat call might be disrespectful, they obviously saw something they liked, so worry about downplaying and critiquing it? Maybe not something to be used as a boost, but not something to add to a list of insecurities either. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I would rather be challenged as well, and every day presents a new set of challenges, as our routes are never the same, and different issues/delays present themselves all the time. It can be frustrating when all of my planning gets screwed up, or when people have unrealistic expectations and bitch no matter how much you put into it, but that's life. I can't just sit around, I NEED to work, even if I am sick (which is very rare), I can never take sick days because I get bored. In regards to the cat calls, I have never seen the point, how many times has someone actually gotten somewhere with someone else beginning that way? However, I think I would be more prone to do a double take at a fine looking woman sporting some metal cred than to notice a "nice ass", the first is much more rare and intriguing. Also, though I know it's a very female thing to do, I'm not sure why women have to be so critical of themselves physically, even when receiving a compliment. While a cat call might be disrespectful, they obviously saw something they liked, so worry about downplaying and critiquing it? Maybe not something to be used as a boost, but not something to add to a list of insecurities either. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I know my perspective on work is a little bit different, from having been home with my kid for a while, but even though I worked hard at my jobs and took pride in them, once I'd been out for a little while I realized I absolutely didn't care about them at all. I know I mentioned this in that Canadian kid's thread about accomplishments in life - when I thought about what I'd done so far, my family came to mind, and various pieces of art and music, and the friendships I've had with a lot of really good people, but not one of my many work-related successes came to mind. None of the projects I helped to design and saw through to a high-quality finished product mattered to me; none of the promotions or recognition I got, none of the responsibility I had meant anything in retrospect. It's been valuable for me because I self-identified as "a guy that works hard and is proud of what he does", and the truth turned out to be much different. Pretty soon, I'll be looking for a job again when my kid heads off to preschool. I'm determined to either find something more meaningful, or something that requires less commitment, so that I can spend a greater proportion of my time and energy on things that matter to me. As regards catcalls, I don't know many women who take them as compliments. My wife finds them intrusive and threatening. That kind of attention has always seemed disrespectful to me, and I've never understood why so many guys can't seem to help themselves, but catcalling seems to have more to do with impressing the guys you're with than complimenting the lady you're yelling at. Either way, it's unwanted by most women I know, and I'm not surprised that some would find it hard to ignore.